Enjoy easy entertaining with a delicious potato crisp omelette and a simple pan con tomate that’s bursting with flavour. You’ll need just 5 ingredients for each – and you can be done in 20 minutes!
From your pantry:
- Olive oil
- Salt & pepper
- Knob of butter
Potato Crisp Omelette:
- 10 eggs
- 150g pack of Torres Black Truffle Potato Chips or other good quality potato crisps
Pan Con Tomate
- 2 Large beefsteak tomatoes
- 1 garlic clove
- 1 medium sized sourdough baguette
- Thinly sliced chives
- Slice the tomatoes in half. Place a box grater onto a chopping board or in a bowl, and grate the tomatoes on the cut side, leaving the skin behind. Scoop the tomato flesh into a sieve, and set the sieve over a bowl to drain off excess tomato juice. Set aside
- In a large mixing bowl, crack in the eggs, and whisk until combined. Add in your crisps then stir the mixture together with a spatula.
- Place a medium-sized (approximately 25cm) non-stick pan over medium heat, and add in a knob of butter or a drizzle of oil to coat the base of the pan. Tip in the crisp and egg mixture and use a silicone spatula to flatten the ingredients.
- Cook over gentle heat, for about 4-5 minutes, using the spatula to loosen the edges of the omelette from the pan. Once the bottom and about 80% of the omelette is set, slide the omelette uncooked side up, onto a dinner plate. Turn the frying pan upside down over the uncooked side then flip the plat to return the omelette to the frying pan, the cooked side now facing up. Return the pan to the heat and finish cooking for 1 more minute, or until cooked through.
- Slide the omelette onto a plate, while you finish the pan con tomate.
- Split your sourdough baguette in half down the middle, and cut into 6 pieces. Brush cut side with olive oil, and place cut side up into your air fryer or oven to grill until golden, a little charred and crisp. Peel your garlic clove, and then gently rub this over the toasted bread to impart a light garlic flavour.
- Spoon the tomato flesh into a bowl, season with sea salt and pepper to taste, then spoon onto the toasted sourdough. Place the pan con tomate onto a plate, drizzle with olive oil.
- If you like, you can garnish your pan con tomate, and omelette with a scattering of thinly sliced chives – but this is optional.
Serve and enjoy!
- Prep Time: 10 min
- Cook Time: 10 min
- Category: Tapas
Keywords: Tapas, Potato Chip Omelette, Pan Con Tomate