This Banoffee Pie in individual pots features a delicious modern surprise twist on a nation’s favourite. It’s make-ahead friendly and includes decadent, gooey roasted bananas and caramel. Utterly delicious.
For the Caramel Bananas
- 1 Tbsp miso
- 50g Brown sugar
- 45ml Double or whipping cream
- 3 Large bananas
For the Banoffee Cups
- 1 Tbsp miso
- 1 Tin caramel treat
- 150ml double or whipping Cream
- 80g Pretzels
- 85g Nuts (70g for the base, 15g for topping)
- 2 Ripe bananas
- 1 lime: zested, and 5ml of lime juice
- Make the caramel bananas. Mix the 45 ml of the double cream, brown sugar and miso together.
- Peel the 3 bananas, and slice them in half down the middle. In a tray that’s suitably sized for your air fryer basket, spoon in ¾ of the miso caramel mixture. Place the bananas on the caramel, cut side up, then spoon over the remaining caramel mixture.
- Grill at 205 C for 8 minutes until bubbly and golden brown.
If cooking in an oven you can grill your bananas at 210 C for 8 minutes.
- Remove the bananas from the air fryer or oven.
- Open your tin of Carnation caramel treat and add it to a bowl along with the additional 1 Tbsp of miso. Add 1/3 (2 halves) of your roasted bananas to the bowl, along with all the miso banana caramel in the tray. Mix well to combine. Set the remaining roasted bananas aside for later
- Blitz or roughly chop the pretzels and roughly chop the nuts. Combine the pretzels and 70g of nuts to make the base, reserving approximately 15g of the chopped nuts for topping.
- Whip the cream for your cups to soft peaks, then zest over your lime. Gently fold the lime zest into the cream
- To a small bowl add the remaining roasted bananas and break them into bite-sized pieces. Slice the raw bananas reserved for your cups and fold these through your roasted bananas with a touch of lime juice (about 5ml)
- Divide the pretzel and nut mixture between each serving cup to form the base.
This recipe makes 6x 250ml sized pots, if your ramekins are smaller you can easily serve 8.
- Spoon the chunky banana, miso and caramel mixture into each cup and top with the fresh and roasted bananas.
- Spoon the lime zest whipped cream on top of the banana.
- Finish with a sprinkle of chopped nuts.
- Place the cups into the fridge to set for at least an hour, then serve.
The cups can be eaten immediately after assembly, but the caramel layer will be pretty soft!
- Prep Time: 10-15 min
- Cook Time: 8 min
- Category: Sweet Treats
- Method: Air fry
Keywords: Banoffee Pie