This easy sheet pan roast chicken dinner recipe is the perfect way to get a complete, healthy meal on the table with minimal cleanup.
- 200g garden peas (defrosted)
2 brown onions, thinly sliced
1 clove of garlic, grated
8-10 small red potatoes, halved
200ml chicken stock
4-6 large chicken thighs or 4 chicken leg quarters
3 tablespoons creme fraiche
1 teaspoon dried tarragon, or a small handful of fresh
5g/small handful finely chopped fresh parsley (for the sauce and for garnish)
1.5 tablespoons whole-grain mustard
1 teaspoon cornflour
Salt, pepper and oil as needed
- Remove the peas from the freezer to defrost and slice the onions thinly. In a roasting tray suitable for your air fryer or oven, toss the sliced onions and grated garlic with a bit of oil.
- In a bowl, toss the halved red potatoes with oil, salt and pepper.
- Push the onions into a tight mound on one side of the roasting dish, creating space for the potatoes.
- Air Fryer Cooking Instructions:
Select the “roast” setting on your air fryer and set the temperature to 180°C (356°F).
Cook for 12-15 minutes, stirring the sliced onions 1-2 times to ensure even roasting.
Once the onions have softened and the potatoes have gained some colour, remove the roasting dish from the air fryer.Oven Cooking Instructions:
Select the convection setting on your oven and set the temperature to 180°C (356°F).
Cook for about 20 minutes, stirring the sliced onions 1-2 times to ensure even roasting.
Once the onions have softened and the potatoes have gained some colour, remove the roasting dish from the oven.
- While the vegetables are cooking, prepare the sauce. In a bowl, stir together the chicken stock, creme fraiche, mustard, dried/fresh tarragon, and a large pinch of the fresh chopped parsley (reserve the rest for garnish). Season the mixture with salt and pepper to taste. Pour this flavorful sauce over the potatoes and onions. Stir all the ingredients together to distribute the veg throughout the roasting pan.
- Rub the chicken thighs or leg quarters with oil and season them with salt and pepper. Place the seasoned chicken, skin side up on top of the sauced potatoes and onions.
- Air Fryer Cooking Instructions: Air fry the chicken for approximately 25 minutes at 185°C (365°F) or until the chicken is cooked through.
Cooking time may vary depending on the size of the chicken pieces.
Oven Cooking Instructions:
If using an oven, increase the heat to 190°C (375°F).
Roast the chicken for 25-30 minutes or until it’s cooked through and has a golden, crispy exterior. Start checking the chicken from about the 20-minute markOnce the chicken is cooked, remove it from the roasting pan and set it aside.
- In a small bowl, stir the cornflour into 1 tablespoon of water, and add this mixture to the sauce in the roasting dish. Add the defrosted peas to the sauce as well. Stir to combine.
- Return the cooked chicken to the dish and cook for an additional 1-2 minutes in your oven or airfryer to heat through.
- Once everything is heated through, serve your delicious sheet pan roast chicken dinner, garnished with your remaining finely chopped fresh parsley. Enjoy
- Prep Time: 10 Mintes
- Hands off Cook time: <45 Mins