Serves 2-3 as a snack or side dish. View the cook-along video here.
- 4 large cloves of garlic
- 800g baby potatoes
- 1/3 cup French-style mayonnaise
- 4 spring onions
- 1 heaped Tbsp Chilli flakes
- 1/4 cup oil
- oil, salt and pepper as needed
- Place the garlic in a square of tin foil. Drizzle over the oil and sprinkle the cloves with salt. Gather the edges of the foil together to enclose the garlic. Set aside
- Preheat oven to 200C.
- Wash the potatoes and split them in half down the middle. Add the potatoes to a pot of boiling water along with a generous pinch of salt, then place the pot on the stove and parboil the potatoes until a knife can be easily inserted into the flesh, but they still maintain their shape- about 6-10 minutes depending on the size of the potatoes.
- Drain the potatoes, then add to a baking sheet with the foil-wrapped garlic. Drizzle oil over the potatoes and season with a pinch of salt. Roast for 20-30 minutes until golden.
- Alternatively: add your potatoes and wrapped garlic in an even layer into your air fryer. Cook at 200C for 10-14 minutes until golden brown, shaking halfway through to ensure even crisping
- While the potatoes cook, finely slice the spring onions, and add these to a bowl with the chilli flakes. Heat the oil until nearly smoking then pour this over the spring onions. Season the spring onion sizzle sauce with salt
- Once the potatoes ate nearly cooked, remove the garlic from the oven. Peel the cloves from their skins and mash with a nice into a fine puree. Add the roasted garlic puree to the mayonnaise. Season the garlic aioli with salt and pepper if needed.
- Once the potatoes are golden and crispy, remove them from the oven, spoon them onto a kitchen towel to drain off any excess oil.
- Smear the aioli over a serving plate, pile the potatoes on top and finish the dish by spooning over the spring onion sizzle sauce.
- Category: Sides
- Method: Bake/Airfry
- Cuisine: Mediterranean-inspired
- Serving Size: 1
- Calories: 616.71kcal
- Sugar: 0.91g
- Sodium: 394.53mg
- Fat: 42.78g
- Saturated Fat: 5.99g
- Unsaturated Fat: 35.18g
- Trans Fat: 0g
- Carbohydrates: 51.18g
- Fiber: 3.93g
- Protein: 8.34g
- Cholesterol: 0mg
Keywords: Crispy Chilli Sizzle Potatoes with Gooey Garlic Aioli